Christopher J. Weiss, Esq.
Christopher Weiss Attorney at Law, P.A.
2014 E. Robinson St.
Orlando, FL 32803
Christopher Weiss Attorney at Law, P.A.
2014 E. Robinson St., Orlando, FL 32803
Tel.: 407-928-6737 Email: email@example.com
engineering claims since 1977
State and Federal Courts
Bar Admissions: Florida State Courts, U.S. District Courts - Middle District and Southern District of Florida, District of
Colorado, and U.S. Supreme Court
Bar Memberships: Orange County Bar Association, Florida Bar (Member of Construction Law Section), and
Orange County Legal Aid Society
Associated General Contractors of America, Inc.
Associated Builders and Contractors
Liberty Counsel, Board of Directors
* Florida Bar Board Certified – Construction, 2005-2018
* Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated, 1991-2018
* The Best Lawyers in America guide, Orlando, Construction Law Litigation, 2011-2018
* The Best Lawyers in America guide, Orlando, Construction Law, 2006-2018
* The Best Lawyers in America guide, Orlando, Bet the Company Litigation Lawyer of the Year, 2012
* The Best Lawyers in America guide, Orlando, Construction Law Lawyer of the Year, 2014
* The Best Lawyers in America guide, Orlando, Best Law Firms Tier 1- Construction Law/Tier 2 -
Litigation - Construction, 2014-2015
* The Best Lawyers in America guide, Orlando, Best Law Firms Tier 2- Construction Law/Tier 2 -
Litigation - Construction, 2016-2018
* Orlando Magazine, Best Lawyers, Bet-the-Company Litigation, 2012-2015
* Orlando Magazine, Best Lawyers, Construction Law, Litigation - Construction, 2012-2017
* Orlando Magazine, Top Orlando-Area Attorneys, 2017
* U.S. News & World Report, Best Law Firm Ranking, 2015 & 2017
* Florida Super Lawyers Magazine, 2006-2018
* Florida Super Lawyers magazine, Top 100 Florida Super Lawyers, 2006, 2010 & 2012
* Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2005-2008, 2012, 2014-2016
* Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards -Arbitration and Mediation - Law Firm of the Year, 2017
* Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Construction Law, 2005-2017
* The American Lawyer and Corporate Counsel - AV Preeminent Top Rated Lawyers - Construction, 2017
* The American Registry - America's Most Honored Professionals - Top 10%, 2014
* The American Registry - America's Most Honored Professionals - Top 1%, 2015-2017
October, 2012 to Present: Owner, Christopher Weiss Attorney at Law, P.A. - A mediation and construction law boutique firm.
Providing dispute resolution services and acting as a litigator, mediator, or arbitrator involving the representation of owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, architects and engineers. Our goal is to assist in managing risks. Current case load focuses on construction defect litigation, claims arising from alleged OSHA violations, fatalities in the work place, alleged ADA violations and ADA litigation, as well as water intrusion through any building envelope system, causing direct and consequential damages.
From 1977 - 2012: Holland & Knight, LLP, Orlando, Florida. Equity Shareholder in the Orlando office. Held position of Co-Practice Group Leader of the Florida Construction Industry Practice Group. Routinely represented clients in construction defect, architectural and engineering claims. Conducted complex litigation in many state and federal courts and participated in countless arbitrations and mediations.
- Practical Considerations to Recovery for Damages Caused by Latent Construction Defects
- Spoliation When Do You Have to Preserve Documents and What Happens if You Don't?
- Construction Industry Impacted by the Miner Safety and Health Act
- Eichleay Damages and Delay Claims, Lorman Education Services
- Ensuing Loss: Can it Provide Coverage?
Videos - Construction Law Questions & Answers
Florida State University College of Law 1974-1977
JD, Law, Cum Laude
President of Student Bar Association
Florida State University 1970-1974
BA, Political Science and Government, Cum Laude